Whether replacing an old system or building a new house, proper installation is essential to the performance and longevity. Find out what we do that guarantees it.
In this business we try to put our service experience to good use when we do new work. We like competition, but would like to be sure that the customer compares the work being proposed is “apples for apples”. In most cases it is not so we’d like to list a few of the things we put into our jobs. Duct work is sized and installed to provide quiet airflow in all areas. Branch runs have dampers to allow fine-tuning at installation or at a later date. Main trunks can have volume dampers and will have turning vanes in bends. Supply and return plenums have sound dampening insulation to reduce blower noise being transmitted. Duct work is sealed with mastic to keep air losses to a minimum. We use higher quality supply registers for improved airflow and durability. We route duct work to keep intrusion into living and attic spaces at a minimum, while supporting the duct work and equipment securely. Branch and flex runs are kept to a minimum. We use 2”,R-6 foil backed insulation on duct work in unconditioned crawlspaces and R-8 in unconditioned attics.
- Condensation drains have traps to correct size and depth, and unions for servicing/cleaning. We use schedule 40 PVC or CPVC pipe. Emergency drains are routed separately and in a way to draw attention to main drain stoppage (over door/window).
- We use 5” media type air cleaners on many jobs for cleaner air and lower, easier maintenance. UV air purifiers, humidifiers, programmable thermostats, remote system monitoring and other options are available.
- We custom bend most refrigerant pipe, for strength, better flow and fewer joints for less contamination. We pressure test with dry nitrogen(150 to 300 psi) and evacuate refrigerant circuits. Refrigerant gas piping is insulated with minimum 1/2”, high quality foam.
- Outdoor units are set on pre-fabricated bases, leveled, raised on legs, (for drainage, and to prevent dirt, leaf, snow build-up and other problems). Most include gravel and treated wood borders or raised platforms.
- Our main brands of Residential heating and air conditioning equipment are Trane and Mitsubishi, the most respected names in the industry, known for overall reliability and performance. Residential system equipment warranties start at 1-labor, 5-years for all components and 10-years on many other models. 2-year labor warranty on XLi equipment with an additional 2-year parts warranty on the compressor.
- Our systems include one-year maintenance, 24- hour emergency service, 365 days a year. Our service trucks are fully stocked with materials and tools and our technicians have the expertise to help correct your system whether you bought it from them or us. Since 1998 we have been serving the Ocean City, Snow Hill, Berlin, Lower Sussex County and Eastern Wicomico County
- We specialize on looking at the whole home as a system and inspecting and designing improvements. We guarantee the performance of the systems we design. We are proud to put our name on every installation, and hope you’ll choose us to install your air conditioning for you.